Are you tired of hiding your smile because you recently had a tooth knocked out? Are you losing confidence because of your missing tooth or teeth? Worry no more! At Galaxy Dental, we have an array of treatment options to give you corrective dental procedures, such as dental implants from one of the best restorative dentists in Calgary. Don’t know what a dental implant is? We’ll tell you!
A dental implant is an outpatient surgical procedure that replaces the tooth roots to provide a strong foundation for fixed or removable teeth that emulate the look of your natural teeth. Dental implants can last up to 25 years or more with proper care, like brushing and flossing regularly! Compared to a crown, dental implants have longer-lasting results giving you a brighter, confident smile that can last a lifetime.
Do you qualify for dental implants?
The main requirement you need to get a dental implant is that you are in good general health. Otherwise, as long as you have healthy gums and enough bone in the jaw to hold an implant, dental implants are the right fit for you!
Do you have an underdeveloped bone in the jaw? Don’t fret. At Galaxy Dental, we also provide bone grafting services to build up the bone and get it in the right shape for a dental implant procedure. Bone grafting is the process of adding a new bone to your existing contracted or underdeveloped jawbone.
Steps to Getting a Dental Implant
- Get A Consultation: Before anything can happen, you need to visit your dentist for a consultation to determine the condition of your gums and teeth and how many dental implants you need for the procedure.
- Develop A Treatment Plan: Once your dentist has determined how many dental implants you will need and whether they are the best option for you, they will develop a treatment plan to get your teeth to your desired outcome with your budget in mind.
- Schedule The Procedure: Afterward, you will schedule an appointment for the dental implant procedure and, upon getting your dental implants, will have a natural-looking and long-lasting smile for years to come!
What should you know before getting dental implants?
- Diet: If you’re receiving local anesthesia, you can eat a light meal two hours before your procedure. However, if you require IV sedation, it’s advised that you don’t eat for up to 12 hours before the surgery takes place. After implant surgery, it’s best to avoid hard foods like apples, carrots, steak, and even ice cubes.
- Medications: After the procedure, your dentist may prescribe you antibiotics to prevent infection. You should also follow the after-care plan made by your dentist so that your surgical site doesn’t get contaminated or irritated. It’s best to avoid touching and even rinsing your mouth for at least 24 hours after surgery.
- After-Care: Make sure to take care of your oral hygiene by brushing, flossing, and getting regular check-ups after your dental implant surgery. If possible, avoid smoking, as it can prevent blood flow to your gums and slow the healing process. Follow the after-care plan prescribed by your doctor to make sure you heal correctly and have longer-lasting results.
Dental Implant Recovery Time
You’re probably wondering, how long will the recovery time take after the surgery? Since every patient has unique oral conditions, there’s no fixed set recovery time. However, if you require no extra surgeries, you can expect an average of four weeks till your surgical site completely heals.
Why choose Galaxy Dental for your dental implants?
- Quality Dental Care: Our goal is to serve you and your family with excellent oral health by providing personalized dental care as unique as you are.
- Affordable: We have many promotions that might fit you, especially if you are looking for a clinic that can offer affordable dental implants. We provide free consultations for dental implants, direct billing to insurance, free second opinions and cost estimates, and discounts for seniors and students.
- Convenient Times: At Galaxy Dental, we are open seven days a week in the early mornings and late evenings for your convenience. We welcome emergency walk-ins and same-day appointments so you can get the care you deserve now.
Book Now and Let Your Smile Shine on You!
We are proud to be one of Surrey’s most trustworthy and reliable dental practices, providing optimum care and treatment to both new and loyal patients. We are always at the forefront of new methods and technologies by staying up-to-date with the latest research and equipment in the dentistry field. Feel free to contact us at (587) 977-2906 to book your appointment! We would be happy to accommodate you!